Erectile dysfunction - inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse and satisfaction of sexual activity. Thus, erectile dysfunction is considered a condition in which these problems, there are at least three months edmeds24.com. From the term "impotence" - began to refuse lately, because this diagnosis involves an extreme degree of sexual dysfunction and an unlikely success of conservative treatment.
Based on the causes and mechanisms of development, ED is divided into several types:
1)Psychogenic erectile dysfunction - the basis of: fatigue, depression, phobias and various deviation, associative stressful factors. As a result of these factors, the cerebral cortex causes a number of negative effects on the mechanism of a normal erection: Direct deystvie.Tormozyaschee inhibitory effect mediated through the spinal centers, the mechanism responsible for erection. Increasing the level of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
2) Arteriogenic impotence occurs due to vascular lesions: atherosclerosis, penile trauma, congenital abnormalities of the penis blood vessels, smoking, diabetes, hypertension. Often, in this form, in addition to worsening of erection, degenerative changes occur in the cavernous tissue due to insufficient blood supply. In this case, a vicious circle, and in the absence of timely treatment leads to irreversible changes in the corpora cavernosa.
3) Venogennaya erectile dysfunction develops because of a violation veno-occlusive mechanism (this mechanism is described in detail on page erection): Ectopic drainage (pathological shunt) through the great saphenous vein, dorsal vein, through increased cavernous or spongy nozhkovye veny.Kavernozno-shunt (discharge of blood from the corpora cavernosa in the spongy). Lack tunica (traumatic rupture, Peyronie's disease, primary or secondary thinning). Functional insufficiency of the cavernous erectile tissue (lack nefrotransmitterov, psychogenic inhibition, smoking, ultrastructural changes).
4) Dysfunction erectile tissue (cavernous insufficiency). Reasons cavernous insufficiency are different. They lead to intra- and extracellular changes in the corpus cavernosum, their vessels and nerve endings, which hinder the normal functioning of erektornogo mechanism.
5) Neurogenic erectile dysfunction occurs due to various injuries, and brain and spinal cord diseases, as well as in lesions of peripheral nerves pelvic organs (for example, after open surgery for adenoma or prostate cancer).
6) The anatomical (structural) impotence is related to the violation of the penis anatomy. This is especially pronounced curvature of the penis (Peyronie's disease, fibrosis of the corpora cavernosa of the penis, congenital curvature). Fibrosis of the corpora cavernosa are often associated with injuries, the introduction of foreign bodies into the urethra, surgery and others.
Treatment ED anatomical origin usually require surgical intervention. And, as experience has shown, often in such cases, the best choice is falloprotezirovanie.
7) Hormone erectile dysfunction. The enzyme responsible for the synthesis of nitrogen monoxide (which, in turn, causes vasodilation) is androgen-dependent, that is, while reducing the level of male sex hormone (testosterone), decreases the activity of the enzyme and thus deteriorates erection. That is why, not effective for hormonal form of the disease, treatment drugs inhibiting phosphodiesterase type 5 (Viagra, Cialis, Levitra).
It is also known that the reduction of the concentration of testosterone leads to increased deposition of fat cells in the cavernous bodies, degeneration of smooth muscle cells, which ultimately leads to a violation veno-occlusive mehanizma.Nu and it must be said that the libido (sex drive) is largely dependent on normal testosterone levels.
8) Age impotence. Age in itself has an impact on the usefulness and duration of erections. Older people have reduced blood flow, the level of testosterone, the sensitivity of the nervous system and the elasticity of the vascular walls, which accordingly affects the erection. However, it is necessary to distinguish between the natural age-related decline in erectile function, impotence caused by physical illness, the probability of which increases with age significantly. It is known that people who are not suffering from various chronic diseases to live a full (taking into account age norms) sexual life and 80 years.